I can't even remember when I first connected with Bea. I feel like I've known her forever. Which is the power of social networking when done properly! Through our interactions on Facebook, I have learned that we both love gardening (although she is much better at it than I am), we are both concerned about the quality and safety of the food we eat, we both love vintage jewelry and antiques - and we are both Jeep gals! I have come to respect her knowledge and wisdom and to appreciate her sense of humor. Now it's time to share her with you. Meet the awesome Bea Kunz!
1. Bea, tell us about yourself
I am a retired educator of Preschool age children. Generational farmer, advocate for “Truth In Labeling” of genetically modified foods. In short...teacher, speaker, Herbalist, advocate.
2. Tell us about your business
3. Why did you start your own business?
Simply because I could not conform to having my limitations set by someone else.
4. I love vintage jewelry! And your collection is exquisite. What made you decide to open Vintage?
Many years of antiquing as a business left me with much that would be so happy to find loving homes.
5. What do you like most and least about being your own boss?
6. What personality traits and skills are needed to run a business?
Control, determination, listening skills, flexibility in all areas.
7. In addition to Vintage, you also run Sage Hill Farm. Tell us about that. How do the two fit together? Is it difficult running more than one business?
Not really as difficult as it may seem. You just learn to separate and prioritize as needed.
8. What has been the most difficult part of being an entrepreneur?
Marketing...in a nutshell.
8. Do you have any resources that you have used to build your business that you would recommend?
Oh yes ! With the plethora of information we have access to, either through the internet, the library, and never forget those around you who have already done it. My most treasured resource of course is my “gut.” Be still and listen...the answers will come.
9. Do you have any tips to share on promoting yourself?
Absolutely...firstly, know yourself and your business-find your niche and stick to it. Be bold, self assured, and willing to ask for what you want or need.
10. What other advice would you like to share with someone starting their own business?
Never...fail to give back with no return expected.
11. How can we contact you to learn more about your fabulous jewelry?
Through the Facebook links or by calling 931-438-8328...ask for Bea.
12. Is there anything else you would like to share?
My gracious thank you for inviting me to share myself and my work with you and your networkers.
Sage Hill Gardens