Let's Make This Your Year To Shine!
If you don't have a business yet, there has never been a better time to start one. Thanks to the internet it is now cheaper and easier to get up and running than ever before. And thanks to all of those who have gone before you, there is more help than ever before. People like Ken McArthur, Felicia Slattery, Yanik Silver, Mike Filsame, Brian Basilico, and Andy Shepherd. Some of them will even let you be affiliates of their products and resell them for a commission. We discussed making money with affiliate programs in Internet Business Ideas if you aren't familiar with the concept.
So what's holding you back? I'm issuing a challenge to all of you right now. Let's make 2015 your year. Each one of us has a choice to make. 2015 is calling to you to change your life. Are you coming or not? Will you make the choice to join us?
I know many of you will be afraid of leaving what is familiar and venturing into something that is totally unknown. Others of you will be excited and challenged at the thought. All of you will be asked to do things you never thought you could do - contact people, write a business plan, promote yourself and your business.
What if you decide to make the choice? What happens next? Contrary to many of the "gurus", there is no foolproof formula. What works for me may not work for you. I can't do what my friend Ken McArthur does. I use many of his ideas but I adapt them to my situation. But there are some steps you can take to increase your chances of being successful.
1. BREATHE! Change brings stress. Even positive change can be stressful. So make sure you take time each day to relax and just breathe. Do yoga, meditate, go for a walk - whatever it takes. Just don't let yourself tighten up and be afraid.
2. Take control of the change. Each day remind yourself of your vision, your plans, and your goals. Stand in front of a mirror and state to yourself your intentions to build a better life. Or even go a step further as recommended by my life coach and sing it. She claims music brings the message deeper.
3. Never stop learning. Read everything you can about your chosen business. Find out who the experts really are and study them. I've listed many of them in my blogs but there are so many others. Buy their books or get them from the library. Join their forums, subscribe to their newsletters, read their blogs. Go to seminars when you can afford them. If you have questions about which ones to attend or which products to purchase, ask me. If I am not familiar with it, I'll find someone who is.
4. Don't lose touch with yourself. I've seen online entrepreneurs who thought they had to pretend to be something or somebody different from what they were to be successful. They only thing they were was phony. And people can spot phony right away. If you aren't credible, you won't go anywhere in this business.
5. Make sure you keep your priorities in order. Success is great, but not at the cost of your family, your spirituality, your faith, your health, or your fun. Set aside time for the things that make your success meaningful.
6. Make Nature your best friend. NATURE HAS A LOT OF WISDOM FOR US. It’s as simple as that. Don’t ignore this truth, live it.
7. Don't be stingy! Give back to the community that gave to you. Help others get where you are. You get back what you give. I have a friend who sells cars very successfully. Every day he makes it a point to do something for one of his customers. He calls it "feeding the lot." You know what? His customers love him and are very loyal. And if they have a friend or family member who needs a car, guess who gets the referral? That's how I met him. He sold me my car based on a referral from someone else. Besides, there is nothing like "free" to gain long-term, loyal customers. You can even use this concept to market. It's called "viral marketing" and we'll talk about it another day.
So - are you in? Make the choice.
Boomer Business Ideas Home Boomer Business Coach Article Marketing to Grow Your Business What's Your Point? Time Management Tips Give It Just A Little Bit More Are You Excited? Failure or Success? Finding Products to Sell Do Something Doing Better in Business The Four Stages of (Business) Life The Brag Bag The Perfect Business Unique Business Ideas Best Business Ideas for 2014 Best Businesses for Women How To Use Trade Associations The Power of a Smile Do I Really Need a Business Plan? My Most Prized Possession You've Got To Have Content Selling Products Online Time Management Wealth Takes Work Align Your Business with Your True Self for Maximum Success Investing In Your Business
Are You In? Let's Do This!
Do you have a great business idea and just need a push to get started? Ask your questions!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Healthcare Insurance understanding for the Baby a Boomers and their Family
which one ?
Finding the RIGHT mentor or even online courses for business will teach you the right mindset required for having a successful business Not rated yet
Great article! Not rated yet
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.